Kicking mawashi geri from heiko dachi (natural stance).
1. Lift the right knee as high as possible to the right side of the body, while keeping the back as straight as possible and the arms still.
2. Make sure the knee is slightly higher than the kicking foot and the ankle is bent.
3. Pivot strongly on the left supporting leg and come around with the kicking leg, keeping it parallel with the floor.
4. As the kicking leg comes around start to switch the arm position to the opposite side.
5. As the hip completes the rotation, the ball of the foot, instep or shin, hits the target, not after the hip has stopped.
6. Snap the kicking foot back vigorously, keeping the knee high.
7. Pivot strongly on the left leg and bring the right hip and kicking leg back to the starting position as in number 1.
8. Step down into heiko dachi and repeat on the opposite leg.
Click Here for a video tutorial of mawashi geri stepping forward from fighting stance.
Kicking mawashi geri from heiko dachi Video Tutorial