This is for our 2nd kyu brown belt Karateka working towards 1st Kyu and 1st Kyu karateka taking Shodan black belt.
This is our brown belt Hikite combination, which involves executing five techniques moving forward, with different types of stepping and spinning. Hikite must be maintained throughout the combination. (Video tutorial below)
Although we call this the 'Hikite Combination', the legs are the other main focus throughout the combination.(Video tutorial below)
Check out our amazing limited time membership offer, which includes access to all of our tutorials and online examinations!
Try and flow through the kicking combination, height is not important, we would much rather see strong low kicks groin height and below, than high weak kicks.
Kizami Zuki (lead arm punch), Gyaku Zuki (reverse punch), Uraken Uchi (backfist strike), Shuto Uchi (knifehandst strike), Teisho Uchi (palm heel strike).
1. From shizentai yoi, drive off the left leg and execute a right kizami zuki jodan.
2. Pull the right leg back to the left and spin 180 degrees, drive off the right leg, step forward with the left leg and execute a right gyaku zuki chudan.
3. Pull the left leg back to the right, then drive off the left leg, step forward with the right leg and execute a right uraken uchi jodan.
4. Bring the left leg up to the right leg, then drive off the left leg, step forward with the right leg and execute a right shuto uchi jodan.
5. Spin 180 degrees on the forward right leg and execute a right teisho uchi jodan.
5. Yamae and turn into shizentai yoi and repeat on the left side.
Try and drive of the supporting leg when stepping forward, after each kick.
Brown Belt Basics Hikite Combination Video